Re: removal of devel/SOPE4, www/SOGo4

Takahiro Kambe <taca%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> In message <rmibl885efi.fsf%s1.lexort.com@localhost>
> 	on Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:22:57 -0400,
> 	Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>> In this case:
>>
>>   Uptream uses "SOGo" in their web pages and download names
>>
>>   SOGo existeds twice in pkgsrc as www/SOGo and www/SOGo4,
>>   so it seems obvious to add SOGo5.
> AFAIU,
>
> 1. SOGo 5.x is latest release and succeeded SOGo 4.x.
> 2. SOGo 2.x is still supported.

My understanding also now (thanks Dima for straightening me out)

> So, there are two ways:
>
> A. Add SOGo2 and make SOGo to 5.x.

If we have multiple or expect to have multiple in the next few years,
they should all be versioned, so no.

> B. Add SOGo5 and keep SOgo to 2.x.

That's what I intend.  SOGo should become SOGo2 but I don't want to
rename to get there.

> In both case, SOGo4 should be removed finally.

Agreed.  This seems to be one of those complicated, hard to migrate,
things, and hence multiple versions.