Re: Painfully slow terminal refresh [ Was: Has mutt2 slowed down considerably? ]

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 02:21:00PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> As an experiment, I just redirected mutt output to a file and catted that
> file. It is rendered instantly with the font colors. So it's not the
> rendering itself, but the encoding of the rendered text that is slow. Now
> which library or component does that?

Update: neomutt works slightly better - perhaps something to do with
ncurses vs curses. mutt with slang works slightly faster but doesn't
render threading characters in the index view properly. Settling for
neomutt for now.

vim slowness with syntax highlighting is still an issue. vim doesn't
seem to be linking with any pkg level library.

--
Mayuresh