Re: does / should pkgsrc require c99?

* On 2021-06-04 at 16:59 BST, Malte Dehling wrote:

In addition, a lot of packages silently assume the C compiler to support
the C99 standard.  This is a problem for compilers that requires an
option to enable C99 support.  I've filed related PRs in the past, e.g.
https://gnats.netbsd.org/56033 .

I have come across many more related issues and am wondering: should I
file PRs and submit patches, or is C99 support a requirement these days?
In the latter case, how should one deal with the issue in the PR linked?

C99 is required, yes. The PR should just be merged, I'll take a look at it. If you come across any others then we can do those too.

Cheers,