Re: netbsd-9/i386 vs. pkg_rr: Cannot process pkdbdb

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> writes:

> While running pkg_rolling-replace on my netbsd-9/i386 build host, I
> noticed the following:

I always ask that when someone has a problem with pkg_rolling-replace
that they see which "make replace" pkg_rr wants to do and then run it
manually.  If that fails, it's not a pkg_rr bug.  (I should put this in
the man page.)

> Of course, I'm running as a non-priviledged user and the +INSTALLED_INFO
> file and the <foo-pkg> directory are normally only writable by root.

Generally one sets SU_CMD to allow operations that must be privileged.
It sounds to me like your setup is confused about whether it is a
non-privileged install or not, or something else.

However, run make replace and see how that goes, and report that by
itself if it's trouble.