Re: math/blas on netbsd-7

Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> writes:

>> So my advice is delete the configure line for liblinear and take out
>> the bl3 line and see what happens.
>
> I converted it to an option and set PKG_OPTIONS.nmap= -liblinear on
> NetBSD 7, but left on for NetBSD 9.
>
> Do you think this option is widely useful enough for me to commit?
> Suggestions for better name?

That seems like an ok name.  I think it's good to commit this, because
it's not really reasonable for nmap, which I see as a fundamental
debugging too, to have that kind of dependency load.   But, it's
expected, so I think it should be default on, except for a list of
os/versions where it's known to be trouble.

> With this, and the GCC 7 change, all my packages built including the
> others that broke in the last quarter or two (libusb1 and
> open-vm-tools).

That's good news.  7 isn't that crufty, compared to 6, 5, and especially
1.4T :-)