Re: net/freerdp2 missing build dependency on python27 via gnome-doc-utils/py-xslt

On 2/19/21, 02:56, "nia" <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

    On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:01:50PM +0000, Morgan, Iain (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just came across this post while searching for any discussion on this textproc/gnome-doc-utils issue. I don't see that there was any response and the issue is still present in the 2020Q4 release.
    >
    > In my case, the problem is triggered by building biology/bioperl. Among its many dependencies, it eventually pulls in textproc/gnome-doc-utils and the same problem ensues.
    >
    > The workaround is to ensure that lang/python27 is already installed, but pkgsrc should really just handle this automatically.
    >
    > --
    > Iain Morgan

    I just added Python 3 support to gnome-doc-utils which should make the
    dependency tree less worse at least.

    Things get messy when there are unclean work directories and multiple
    Python versions are required simulatenously.

Much appreciated.

--
Iain