Re: Build failure for lang/gcc9 on Linux

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 11:28:31PM +0000, Morgan, Iain (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to build lang/gcc9 from the 2020Q4 release on Linux. Specifically, I've tried on SLES 15, RHEL 7, and CentOS 7. The failure is identical on all three platforms.
>
> It appears as if /usr/include/dlfcn.h is not being included. Various symbols, such as RTLD_NOW, dlerror, and dlsym are not declared.
>
> The problem is isolated to lang/gcc9; I am able to build both lang/gcc8 and lang/gcc10 on these platforms. Admittedly, I have to add --without-zstd to CONFIGURE_ARGS for RHEL/CentOS, but that is a separate issue.
>
> --
> Iain Morgan

Hi Iain,

rillig@ wanted to try something new with lang/gcc9 - it's really nice to
have someone try to improve things, but the result turned out a good bit
less portable.

Are you looking into this because CentOS 7 ships an older compiler, and
some packages pull in a newer compiler from pkgsrc, and that compiler is
failing to build?

trunk has a workaround for this, I guess it has been sitting in tree
long enough that it's okay to backport it now.
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/f3cc7d125946162b1d270c7cdebc67b60be26d28

I suspect that disabling fortify will also work around it
(PKGSRC_USE_FORTIFY=no)