Interaction between lang/gcc10 and archivers/zstd

Hello,

As I mentioned in my previous email, there is a somewhat strange issue building lang/gcc10 on both CentOS 7 and RHEL 7. However, the problem does not occur on SLES 15.

The problem is that if archivers/zstd is already installed, the GCC build detects the headers and tries to build LTO bytecode compression support using zstd. But, it fails to link against the library and there are a number of errors regarding undefined references to various zstd-related symbols.

The issue can be avoided by either ensuring that lang/gcc10 is installed prior to archivers/zstd or by adding --without-zstd to CONFIGURE_ARGS for lang/gcc10.

Since SLES 15 provides more recent utilities, including GCC 7.5, it seems to avoid this issue.

I should note that I tried including the buildlink3.mk  file from archivers/zstd in the lang/gcc10 Makefile, but that did not address the problem.

--
Iain Morgan