Re: 2020Q4 - Linux - Unable to build gtk3

On 1/28/2021 4:31 PM, Thomas Mueller wrote:

The last thing I tried was setting X11_TYPE=modular in
/usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf in hopes that gtk3 would find the files it needs there.
I believe that in pkgsrc, X11_TYPE is always modular on Linux or any non-NetBSD.

X11_TYPE=native is for NetBSD only, as far as I know.

Or can pkgsrc recognize X11_TYPE=native in a Linux distro that includes X11, or OpenBSD with Xenocara?

Tom

I'm not sure -but I didn't notice any of the xorg-libs being built in any of my previous attempts to build gtk3, so I don't think so?

I could easily be wrong, though.