Re: xentools413 not building (NetBSD-current, pkgsrc-current)

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 09:59:53AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 11:24:58AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >>
> >> I know of no scheme that you should have to set variables to succeed.
> >> AIUI, xentools413 has ocmal code which was not updated upstream to avoid
> >> using deprecated ocaml features, and pkgsrc-current has ocaml 4.11 which
> >> removes that feature (unsafe strings).  But, I think xentools413 has
> >> been fixed in pkgsrc-current.
> >
> > FWIW I still reproduce gnats.netbsd.org/55888 in every pbulk run on
> > -current/amd64.
>
> I was thinking about ocaml and didn't know about this PR.
>
> Have you tried to build not under pbulk?   My only thought is that there
> could be some non-expressed dependency that's (properly) not provided in
> pbulk, but exists on almost all systems where somebody would try to
> build not in pbulk.
>

> I can build xentools413 under netbsd-9, pkgsrc-2020Q4, amd64 (not
> pbulk).  It doesn't seem to be in the pkgbuild binary set, though.

Just had a pkg_rolling-replace fail again because I forgot -X xentools413.

Chadvar's fix (which I haven't tried, but looks plausible) doesn't
involve dependencies, and also shows that the build failure is seen
on several systems.

Cheers,

Patrick