Debian packagers also struggle with many dependencies

An interesting article on LWN. If they come up with some solution (but
so far it doesn't look like it) this could be useful for pkgsrc too.

    Debian discusses vendoring -- again

    The problems with "vendoring" in packages -- bundling dependencies
    rather than getting them from other packages -- seems to crop up
    frequently these days. We looked at Debian's concerns about
    packaging Kubernetes and its myriad of Go dependencies back in
    October.  A more recent discussion in that distribution's community
    looks at another famously dependency-heavy ecosystem: JavaScript
    libraries from the npm repository.  Even C-based ecosystems are not
    immune to the problem, as we saw with iproute2 and libbpf back in
    November; the discussion of vendoring seems likely to recur over the
    coming years.

More at https://lwn.net/Articles/842319/ .

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on