Re: devel/glib2 install failure on Debian Stretch

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> I then revmved gettext-lib and rebuilt glib2 and the installation went fine.
>
> Thanks for the tip, but I wonder why this has happened. A simple
> database corruption?

It looks to me like somehow files were removed from the filesystem even
though the database said they were there.   I would have expected
"pkg_admin check" to report this.  (I did mean for you to read the
output!)

So if that package is broken, and you remove it, then when it's needed
it will get reinstalled, which is reasonably likely to fix it.