Re: asterisk16: build native results in broken binaries under under certain circumstances

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 10:13:20AM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> Since we are very particular about platform independence in NetBSD and
> pkgsrc, would it make sense to disable the native optimizations for Asterisk
> by default? I don't know how many people use Asterisk from the official pkg
> binaries, but chances are that there are regular systems out there that
> don't run it in this form. Also for people who build their own pkg
> repository the current behavior might be an unpleasant surprise.
>
> In options.mk I didn't find any prepared switches for this for now. I'll try
> to add one and get back to you with a patch if necessary. If this already
> exists, I would be glad about a short message.
>
> Kind regards
> Matthias

Using -march=native is unacceptable unless the user has that in
their CFLAGS.

Yes, it needs to be disabled by default and shouldn't be an option.
It should ideally also be pulled up to the stable branch if we
can't get this in in time.

It needs to "--disable BUILD_NATIVE" using menuselect, but I don't
understand how this works. Asterisk's build system is very strange.