Re: Excluding subdirs from $PKGSRCDIR with lintpkgsrc

On 16/12/2020 19:43, Greg Troxel wrote:

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

Every now and again, I like to prune old distfiles and packages using:

# cd /root/cvs/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/
# lintpkgsrc -K /root/pkgsrc/packages/ -M /root/pkgsrc/distfiles/ -opr

Many others have the same sorts of feelings.

The problem is that /wip is a subdir of
/root/cvs/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/ and lintpkgsrc chokes going through
all wip packages and spitting lines and lines of "Bogus...".

Is there a way to exclude subdirectories from the pkgsrc tree or maybe
are there creative solutions to this issue?

I am not aware of an exclude option to lintpkgsrc but would be happy to
look at a patch to add such a feature.

Stepping back, it's a bug if processing wip throws an error, mostly.
The complexity is that because pkgsrc has stable branches and HEAD, wip
can't be consistent with both of them at the same time.  Generally, we
consider that wip should align to HEAD.

So, if there is something in wip that errors with HEAD, you should feel
free to fix it.  I have done that from time to time.

I did initially forget to sync wip with current. I've just done it now and I still get the "Bogus" warning. For example:

[chroot]root@e130:~/git/pkgsrc-current/pkgsrc# lintpkgsrc -K /root/pkgsrc/packages/ -M /root/pkgsrc/distfiles/ -opr

[...]

Bogus: -${DISTNAME:tl:S/-1$//1} (from /root/cvs/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/devel/lua-moses/Makefile)

This time the "Bogus" is not in wip, so that confuses me even more.

I might be reading too much into this.

--
Ottavio Caruso