Re: pkgsrc-2020Q3 potential c/c++ wrapper bugs?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:10:03 +0000
nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 07:41:06PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:59:45 +0000
> > nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> > > The x11-links changes were backported to 2020Q3 on the 21st
> > > October, so it should be at 1.32 in 2020Q3.
> > >
> > > If you are on the tag or a downloaded tarball, you need to cvs up
> > > to get backported changes - including security updates.
> >
> > OK thanks for the info. I simply downloaded pkgsrc.tar.bz2 as this
> > seemed to be the only option on ftp server. Not sure how often those
> > get updated, they were all created on Sep 27, but in the future I'll
> > try to remember to get it from cvs, as this may be the safer option.
>
> You can use "cvs up" inside an extracted tarball. They're intended for
> bootstrapping since CVS checkouts can take ages.
>
> I don't suspect the tarballs get updated after the initial tag
> creation.

I've seen them updated before, so I though it was done on a daily or
weekly basis, as a cron job or something, but that is probably not the
case. As you mentioned previously, cvs update will get all the latest
fixes for that branch. I'll be doing that from now on.