Re: pkgsrc-2020Q3 potential c/c++ wrapper bugs?

Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> # grep 'freetype/config' files/xfree.freetype2
>> include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftconfig.h
>> include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h
>> include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftmodule.h
>> include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftoption.h
>> include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftstdlib.h
>
> This seems to have been fixed in pkgsrc current. Do such fixes get
> backported to latest stable branch?

Sometimes. Basically a developer (TNF member) can make a request for
changes to be applied to the branch.   Bug fixes to packages can be
pulled up, and sometimes micro versions that really only have bug fixes,
but we don't allow ABI changes.

If there's a fix, that often happens, and when there is a new version
with a fix, there often isn't a fix, because itt's a lot of effort and
mostly people are doing this because they want to.  ANd, we have a
notion that if you submit a pullup request you must have tested it and
are responsible for breakage.

So, if you can identify what needs to change to the branch, essentially
posting a series of "cvs up -jx -jy Z" lines to make the branch work,
that would be very useful.  Even if there is no pullup resulting, that
mesage will be useful to others.