Re: When should one send a PR and when not?

A couple of other things I forgot to mention.

For the package sets I provide from https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/ I do
actually encourage users to send me GitHub issues or ping me on IRC
for any packages that are unavailable that they want.

While this might seem counter to my problems with raising GNATS
tickets, it is because I have processes in place where my bulk builds
won't publish updates unless a specific set of packages are available,
and so I'm notified when things fail that would affect users.

The other thing is Benny's https://bulktracker.appspot.com/, and I
wonder if a simple voting system for users to mark which failures are
affecting them might be a good solution.