Re: pkg_rr and pkg_admin set rebuild=YES

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, Rhialto wrote:

On Fri 18 Sep 2020 at 19:24:13 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

I would use the variable "mismatch", and have 'pkg_rr -u' set that (and
perhaps do nothing else), and pkg_rr without -u also treat mismatch=yes
packages as being in the replaceent set along with unsafe_depends and
rebuild.

After I sent my first mail, I realised that maybe the task of setting
the rebuild flag on a package is better given to pkg_chk. With your
proposed name "mismatch" that may even be more so.

FWIW, I do this manually when I update. I run pkg_chk and redirect its output to a file. Then I can do any sort of fixups (e.g. remove lines for packages that pkg_chk thinks are missing) and do something like

cut -d ' ' -f 3 pkg_chk.out | xargs pkg_admin set rebuild=YES

Then when pkg_rr inevitably fails during the build, you can just restart it without another full mismatch check.

--
Benny