Re: Linux bootstrap shell

* On 2020-09-17 at 12:18 BST, Patrick Welche wrote:

> prlw1@nightjar:/usr/prlw1/pkgsrc/bootstrap$ /bin/bash bootstrap --help
> ERROR: Your shell's echo command is not BSD-compatible.
> ERROR: Please select another shell by setting the environment
> ERROR: variable SH.

Running the script with /bin/bash doesn't set SH so you need to do
what it says, which yes is a bit silly, but...

FWIW I did have some patches to get rid of the requirement for a BSD
echo a while back when implementing dash as a bootstrap shell.  I have
a feeling they might only be required when using the legacy wrappers.

We should improve this.