Re: pkgsrc on OpenBSD

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 2:28 AM Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> Tom H <tomh0665%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> Doesn't the error message mean "you're installing an x86_64 package on
>> an amd64 machine" as a result of pkg_add doing a runtime check for the
>> machine architecture?
>
> I think it means that pkgsrc is confusing the values of arch and/or
> machine arch.

OK.

> If pkgsrc checks the system arch in many places, it may be best to
> normalize the openbsd value to the pgksrc value. This definitely
> needs thought and understanding.

I was just trying to see what Jonathan's suggestion would lead to.

I changed the "arch [...]" calls and "bmake install" failed with the
same error. So either I missed something or screwed up, or there's
something more fundamental that needs to be changed.

I deleted everything and just made "my" change:

# grep '=amd64' /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap
amd64/*) abi=64 machine_arch=amd64 ;;

And compiled bind914:

# pkg_info -B bind
Information for bind-9.14.12nb1:
ABI=64
BUILD_DATE=2020-08-29 17:02:20 +0200
BUILD_HOST=OpenBSD pkgsrctest 6.7 GENERIC#179 amd64
..
CONFIGURE_ARGS=... --build=x86_64--openbsd --host=x86_64--openbsd ...
MACHINE_ARCH=amd64
MACHINE_GNU_ARCH=x86_64

What does setting "arch=amd64" in "pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap" do to
override the later "arch [...]" calls?