Re: pkgsrc signature verification?

Thanks Greg, it's been a while since I've been on a mailing list and I didn't think of it as a platform-specific question. I'm on a fresh install of netbsd 9.0 on a rpi3b+ with sources from anoncvs.netbsd.org without any configuration besides users, passwords, hostname and disabling sshd.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but shouldn't pkgsrc check for netpgpverify in $PATH and use that by default if it's there? Or at least print something to stdout? I remember a message printed about installing gnupg to verify downloads but it said nothing about netpgpverify. (I've rebooted since and I don't have shell history saved).