Re: proposal to make bootstrap on Linux prefer pkgsrc by default.

* On 2020-08-11 at 01:23 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

> I was left wondering why the bootstrap script was given a --prefer-pkgsrc
> flag but not a --prefer-native flag in the first place.  Maybe the latter
> was simply not deemed necessary at the time, but if it was deliberately
> omitted for some reason, I hope someone will chime it.

I added it, and yeh simply didn't add a corresponding --prefer-native
because it wasn't necessary at the time and I didn't want to add code
I wasn't going to test.

As for the change being discussed, I haven't looked in detail at it,
but as someone who has been shipping binary packages to users with
PREFER_PKGSRC set for well over 5 years I'm obviously going to be in
favour of this being the default ;)