Re: devel/libuuid/buildin.mk is not used

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020, at 00:28, Roland Illig wrote:
> On 31.07.2020 12:47, Aleksej Lebedev wrote:
>
> It's correct that builtin.mk is not included directly.  The usual way is
> to include the buildlink3.mk file, and the pkgsrc infrastructure then
> includes the corresponding builtin.mk file.

Indeed, I see that in case of securiti/openssl buildlink.mk is included not builtin.mk.
Good to know. Thank you.

> Curiously, the pkgsrc guide doesn't mention this anywhere, but pkglint
> would spit out an error if you tried to do that.
>
> Have a look at the pkgsrc guide, it describes how to force pkgsrc to
> select either the native or the pkgsrc variant of a package.
>
> https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkgsrc.html#native-or-pkgsrc-preference
>
> If that doesn't work, the builtin.mk file is probably broken.  If your
> system has a working libuuid, it should be possible to select it.

Actually I know about PREFER_PKGSRC/PREFER_NATIVE.
Nevertheless,

cd lang/python38 && bmake PREFER_NATIVE=libuuid PREFER_PKGSRC=no

doesn't pick up the system libuuid. I tried both on DragonFly and on Linux.

In order to make sure I am actually using PREFER_NATIVE correctly, I tried it with iconv and it indeed picked up the system one instead. Does it mean that devel/libuuid/builtin.mk is broken or maybe I missed something else?

Thanks.
--
Aleksej Lebedev