Re: pkgsrc-wip: GDM + GNOME now runs on NetBSD

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, Dan Cîrnaț wrote:

Good news! GDM and a minimal GNOME session can now be installed from pkgsrc-wip

Wow, this is amazing news! I'll be giving this a try. Thank you for working on this.

There are a number of outstanding issues. For now, MPROTECT needs to be disabled for wip/gjs and wip/gnome-shell to build and run. Also, wip/mutter only builds with a pkgsrc
version of MesaLib (needs 'glesv2')

Do you need to disable it system-wide, or can we sprinkle a few paxctl +m strategically?

--
Benny