Re: wip/jitsi not downloadable

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 02:51:25PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> No, more that asterisk is a PBX and while it does have some
> conferencing, my impression is that you have to provision credentials
> for everyone using it, which often doesn't fit with sending people
> links.  I have not been seeing "I set up asterisk so that my foo club
> can have virtual meetings and it's great; here's the HOWTO".  That
> doesn't mean it doesn't work - just that I am slightly skeptical.

Ok. If I could solve my problems (originating probably from my own jssip
skill or jssip itelf, if asterisk isn't at fault) I could possibly write
such article. With WebRTC and own web app, things are manageable.  Yes,
SSO was challenging but not a deal breaker. I had a functioning setup but
for quality and reliability, so that it could not be actually deployed. If
I could solve those I'd probably not invite a Java based server component.
(May be I am wrong, but I consider it (Java) to be a bloat.)