Re: Preparing to move wip/bareos* to pkgsrc/sysutils

* On 2020-07-23 at 08:43 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 07:23:49PM +0200, Frank Kardel wrote:
> > Good idea, but that tries to fetch
> > https://github.com/bareos/bareos/releases/download/19.2.8/bareos-19.2.8.tar.gz
> > which fails.
> >
> > The file is actually at
> >     https://github.com/bareos/bareos/archive/Release/19.2.8.tar.gz
> >
> > So our GITHUB_RELEASE pattern does not work for this case. It looks like the
> > Bareos
> > project has a different layout then what pkgsrc assumes.
> >
> > Any other ideas - can we teach pkgsrc the correct URL somehow without
> > misusing the GITHUB_TAG logic?
>
> This project has tags with slash in them. It's weird, but works, so we
> should (and do) support it. The pkglint I have installed does not even
> warn about this.

I'd also like it if we could differentiate tags using YYYYMMDD and
SHA1s, currently github.mk thinks that an e.g. 20200723 tag is a
commit ID and fails to fetch.

This means that I need to use a specific /archive/ URL in
MASTER_SITES, e.g.

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-joyent/blob/master/smtools/Makefile

It's possible I missed something, but I'm pretty sure I've tried every
combination of GITHUB_* without being able to avoid this hack.