Re: xentools41[1,3]

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 10:36, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> 05.07.2020 12:27:40 Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:
>
> > The following trivial patch lets me build xentools413:
>
> Removing SUBST_FILES without removing the corresponding SUBST_CLASSES entry leaves the package with unnecessary variable definitions. Did you run pkglint after these changes?
No, I didn't - I was just removing the corresponding lines after each
similar message until eventually it completed the build.

> Did you check what the original intention behind these SUBST blocks was, and why they don't apply anymore? That's the most interesting part.

No; there was a recent change in the way the substitutions were
treated which led to a number of similar issues with other packages as
well; I guess the necessary modifications haven't been done for all
packages yet.

--
----