Re: editors/vim copy+paste no longer works

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 10:43:00 +0100
Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 at 09:51, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost>
> wrote:
> >
> > Something has changed in Vim, so that if I run it in Xterm, then
> > copy+paste via a mouse no longer works. I searched online for
> > possible clues and tried a few things, but didn't manage to get it
> > working.
> >
> > Anyone knows the magic setting to fix it?
>
> Still work here:
> $ vim --version
> VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Jun 29 2020 14:25:24)
>
> How do you copy/paste in xterm? I pasted using ^V. Middle button paste
> also works.
>
> --
> Ottavio Caruso

I select text with a mouse and then paste with middle button click
inside Vim window. This works perfectly with /usr/bin/vi but fails
with /usr/pkg/bin/vim. Same version of Vim as yours.

So based on your comments, now I'm not sure if this is actually a Vim
issue, or a combination of my desktop environment and something else.

I'm running Debian with Xfce, and then ssh into NetBSD machine and use
vim there. I'll do some more digging on the Net and see if I can find
the cause.