Re: seamonkey & rust

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 08:46:26AM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
 > > Shouldn't we keep a copy of the pre-rust seamonkey for platforms where
 > > rust isn't available? Some browser is probably better than no browser,
 > > even if it's full of security holes.
 >
 > Isn't there www/firefox53 that doesn't require rust? Or do you really
 > need seamonkey i.e. browser + email + news clients all in one
 > application?

I'd forgotten about that... but also, what Robert Elz said.

Hanging onto the old version shouldn't be expensive (given the
assumption that it will rapidly become insecure, same as the old
firefox) so... do enough people want it to warrant keeping it around?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost