Re: Error building "mplayer" and "mencoder": "missing library: libutil.so.7"

On 30/5/20 23:14, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2020-05-30 at 21:40 BST, Jesus Cea wrote:
>
>> ERROR: bin/mplayer: missing library: libutil.so.7
>
> libutil is a BSD thing, and doesn't exist on SmartOS.  It also doesn't
> appear in any relevant pkgsrc packages, so it's a bit mysterious where
> it's coming from.
>
> Have a dig around the pkgsrc build area ("cdwrkdir" in a pkgbuild
> sandbox), to figure out how it's being detected.
>
> In particular if there are no buildlink symlinks for it (have a look
> in the .buildlink directory) then something is bypassing the wrappers
> which would be a bug in any case.

I don't see any "libutil" symlink in that directory. The closer thing is
(unrelated):

"""
--<root@PkgSrc>-(/data/chroot/dev-2020Q1-x86_64)-</home/pbulk/build/multimedia/mplayer/work/.buildlink/lib>--
-> ls -la | grep -i util
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          27 Jun  3 01:07 libgifutil.a ->
/opt/local/lib/libgifutil.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          28 Jun  3 01:07 libgifutil.so ->
/opt/local/lib/libgifutil.so
"""

So, it seems that something is bypassing the wrappers.

> To clarify: the error is telling you that the mplayer binary has
> linked against that library, but the pkgsrc infrastructure has not
> pulled it in as a dependency.  Most of the time this shows where we
> have incorrect dependencies, but will also show if illegal libraries
> are somehow being pulled in from elsewhere in the system, which would
> normally be caught during the build by the wrappers.

I am sorry, I am not familiar enough with pkgsrc to debug & solve this
by myself. Help!.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea%jcea.es@localhost - https://www.jcea.es/    _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/