Re: pkgsrc current dbus build failure

Thank you all for your help. I did move /usr/pkgsrc to another location and pulled in (ftp) a fresh copy of current. That worked. Again, I can’t thank you guys enough. Well, maybe I could.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 2:38 AM Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
On 09.05.2020 12:53, Roland Illig wrote:
> On 08.05.2020 18:36, Ron Georgia wrote:
>> Thank you for pointing that out. I am updating now.
>>
>> I downloaded the NetBSD-9.99.60-amd64-install.img (date stamped May
>> 07, 2020)  this morning and installed on my Lenovo X200. I did select
>> the option to download pkgsrc. I changed the path from stable to
>> current and that is what was pulled in.
>
> I didn't find NetBSD-9.99.60-amd64-install.img anywhere, therefore I
> used another ISO image. I installed NetBSD 8 in a VM and, like you,
> changed the pkgsrc path from stable to current.
>
> This way, pkgsrc was downloaded from
> https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/, where all files have been
> updated today in the morning.
>
> I would expect that these files are updated daily. There are exactly 7
> days between 2020-05-02 and 2020-05-09 though, therefore it could also
> be that the files are updated weekly. I don't think that's the case,
> we'll see tomorrow.

Indeed the archives in /pub/pkgsrc/current/ are only updated weekly. The
pkgsrc tree with the individual files is updated daily though.

In such a case you can always "cvs update" locally since the archives
include the CVS metadata.
--
Ron Georgia
“90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don’t know any better.”