Re: Problem building firefox 75 on 9-stable (i386 and amd64)

Hej Chavdar,

Am 06.05.2020 um 23:20 schrieb Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:

On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 21:37, <oskar%fessel.org@localhost> wrote:

Hej,

maybe i did the wrong thing - updated pkgsrc, just to run into another problem.
Obviously firefox likes to use nss 3.51.1 but that's not a dependency.

[…]
DEBUG: configure:8411: checking for nss-config
DEBUG: configure:8446: checking for NSS - version >= 3.51.1
DEBUG: configure: error: you don't have NSS installed or your version is too old
ERROR: old-configure failed

The current version of nss is 3.52; you need it for firefox-76.0,
which is also the current version in pkgsrc.

Thanks for the comment.
I noticed that nss3.52 is in current pkgsrc - but i think it is still an error for firefox to depend on nss >=3.51.1 but not put that in the dependencies.  But I honestly do not have the slightest Idea where to put that dependency.
in mozilla-common.mk there is
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.nss+=     nss>=3.52
.include "../../devel/nss/buildlink3.mk“
But that obviously does not trigger the rebuild of an outdated nss.

I had nss-3.51 before; as a lot of packages depend on it, so I have
started pkg_rolling-replace.

So pkg_rolling-replace is the fix for broken Makefiles in pkgsrc?
While this helps in most cases, I really cannot believe this is the correct approach…

Cheers
Oskar