Re: gnome-games

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 18:51, Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 04:50:18PM +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > My last package was built on the 9th of February. Perhaps I've missed
> > something, what's the reason for this?
>
> We're slowly removing Gnome 2 from pkgsrc. gnome-games was still the
> Gnome 2 version; the Gnome 3 version is vastly different and the old
> Gnome 2 package will not help much in packaging the new version.

Fair enough; meta-pkgs/mate works, as well as xfce4 and kde, so the
choice is there; I was under the impression that gnome3 was somehow
dependent on systemd and getting it run elsewhere would be a
challenge. Pity for some of the old classic games, though they should
probably continue to work on the existing installations - until some
shared library gets some version bump...

>  Thomas

Chavdar

--
----