Re: Search for unmaintained packages in pkgsrc?

Rares Aioanei <bsdlisten%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I'd like to help the project and start with taking care of some unloved packages. Is there a way to search for
> packages without a maintainer in order to adopt some of them?

Not really, because MAINTAINER=pkgsrc-users does not mean they don't get
updated.

It is likely possible to analyze the commit history.

But, I would instead suggest that you look at all the programs you use,
and see if the package for them is up to date.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between a package appearing
unmaintained in pkgsrc because nobody is paying attention in pkgsrc, but
the upstream is healthy, and the upstream not having had releases.