[Solved] Re: net/ntp4: where are the configuration and rc.d files?

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 14:40, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > I installed net/ntp4 onto my Linux Debian system.
> >
> > I understand NetBSD base already comes with:
> >
> > /etc/rc.d/ntpdate
> > /etc/rc.d/ntpd
> > /etc/ntp.conf
> >
> > so, there's particular need to have them. Building on other systems,
> > these files are missing in either $PREFIX/share/doc/ntp or
> > $PREFIX/share/ntp.
> >
> > However, the scripts are in the distfile in the scripts/ directory.
> >
> > Have I missed something? Is there a configuration argument I have to
> > play with?
>
> Probably you have not, other than that pkgsrc only has things fixed that
> someone was motivated to fix.
>

> If you want to figure out how to fix this and send a patch, it might
> help people.  There's some potential trickiness surrounding not messing
> up things on NetBSD, and I don't know how pkgsrc deals with rc.d files
> when they already exist when "PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=yes" is set.

Thanks for your input. I solved the problem, but you probably didn't
get my email, for the reasons explained below. The scripts are in
/usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d.

I'm having problems posting to the NetBSD mailing lists. It's either
that the messages get there with a delay, or they get there in
duplicate/triplicate copies.

Apologies, but I can't find a solution to that.

--
Ottavio Caruso