Re: Recent if_stat changes have broken sysutils/xosview

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 13:02, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020, Roy Marples wrote:
>
> >> "struct ifnet" is private to the kernel.  This application should be using
> >> the properly exported data that's available via ioctls for this purpose.
> >
> > We have far too many kernel only things exposed to userland.
>
> Totally agree.
>
> > A constant beef of mine is that we  #define if_type in sys/net/if.h which
> > causes conflict building hostapd/wpa_supplicant has they have an enum
> > if_type.
> >
> > If we can resolve this it would make me a lot happier!
> > I tried to have a go solving this about a year ago, but gave up due to some
> > userland stuff like this no longer working.
> > If we can solve it via ioctl then awesome.
>
> For now I am simply commenting out the network stuff completely, since
> I don't use that part of xosview.  A proper solution is far beyond me.

Not intending to hijack the discussion; I have pr-ed earlier a similar
problem. in this case related to modules, with sysutils/lsof:
gcc -O2  -DNETBSDV=7000000 -DN_UNIXV=/dev/ksyms -DHASKVMGETPROC2
-DHASNFSPROTO -DHASIPv6 -DHASFDESCFS=1 -DHASFDLINK -DHASNULLFS
-DHASPROCFS -DHASPROCFS_PFSROOT -DHASBUFQ_H -DHAS9660FS=1
-DHASMSDOSFS=1 -DHASKERNFS -DHASKERNFS_KFS_KT -DHASI_FFS1 -DHASEXT2FS
-DHASI_E2FS_PTR -DHASLFS -DHASPTYFS -DHASTMPFS -DHASNFSVATTRP
-DHAS_ADVLOCK_ARGS -DHAS_LWP_H -DHAS_SYS_PIPEH -DHASSTATVFS -DUVM
-I/usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/lsof/work/lsof_4.91/lsof_4.91_src/dialects/n+obsd/include
-DHAS_UVM_INCL -DHAS_STRFTIME -DLSOF_VSTR="9.99.45"    -D_KMEMUSER
-D__NAMECACHE_PRIVATE -c dvch.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/ptrace.h:68,
                 from /usr/include/miscfs/procfs/procfs.h:75,
                 from ../dlsof.h:369,
                 from ../lsof.h:221,
                 from dvch.c:43:
/usr/include/amd64/ptrace.h:104:10: fatal error: sys/module_hook.h: No
such file or directory
 #include <sys/module_hook.h>
compilation terminated.
module_hook.h is absent from /usr/include; present under
/usr/src/sys/sys/include.

Again internal exposition?

--
----