Re: Slow firefox?

On 2020-01-11 19:06, Martin Husemann wrote:
Hey folks,

since a few versions my Firefox (running on NetBSD/amd64 -current)
is *really* slow.

I get very low scores[1], e.g. from https://chromium.github.io/octane/

Still wondering what is wrong and invstigating. Is it reasonably fast
for anyone here?

Seem to be getting reasonable numbers on 9.0-RC1 on:
 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, id 0x306c3 with 16GB RAM

Final score: 31480

For reference my Windows machine which is the same speed but one generation newer gets a final score of 38345 so the BSD number seems reasonable.

The numbers for the tests you quoted on my system were:
Splay Latency:19514
Regexp: 5631
pdf.js: 24083
Mandreel Latency: 30073