plank fails to build from wip

I am running NetBSD 9.99.29 and built almost everything for my desktop from pkgsrc. I tried to build plank, but got the following error:

make: "/usr/pkgsrc/wip/plank/Makefile" line 28: Could not find ../../wip/bamf/buildlink3.mk
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/plank

I am not sure how to create a buildlink3.mk file. If someone can point me to a place to the docs I can build, test and submit a pull request.

--
90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don't know any better.