Re: Does firefox 71 work stably for anyone on amd64 desktops?

On 20/12/2019 02:33, Mayuresh wrote:
Last version I tried was 69 and was reasonably stable.

Something forced an upgrade and firefox 71 is freezing / crashing fairly
frequently.

I remember, older versions also used to have these problems, but went away
after I enabled oss and kept everything else related to audio disabled.
This time there is no oss option. So enabled alsa and issues are
recurring.

Not having any particular issues with my 9.0-RC1 system running firefox-71 apart from the key management UI issue. I've not disabled anything when building. I do see display glitching occasionally that sort of look like a cache coherency issue but it is transient and doesn't impact stability.

firefox depends on 3D these days so GPU might matter. I'm running on i915drmkms as of last Saturday.
Xorg log says its:
[ 40930.944] (--) intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

There is a way to disable 3d in firefox but I can't remember what that is. Will see if I can hook up sound and do a test of that later.

Mike