Re: Can't compile flac

On Sun 15 Dec 2019 at 01:13:25 -0500, Julien Savard wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm getting this error when compiling flac (as a dependency of vlc) :
>
> cpu.c:57:22: fatal error: sys/auxv.h: No such file or directory

That line looks like

     56 #if defined FLAC__CPU_PPC
     57 #include <sys/auxv.h>
     58 #endif

so the header file is only requested for PPC CPUs. That means I can't
easily try to recreate your problem.

There are a few things you can try. First I would just comment out the
line. If you're lucky, it isn't really needed. But probably it is going
to complain about something further down the file that's missing. Maybe
you can find that/those things in other header files in /usr/include
somewhere. Including those might fix the problem.

If that doesn't do it, then FLAC is making assumptions about the
operating system where it is compiles that are likely not warranted.
Maybe it assumes MacOS for instance, with PPC. How to work around that,
I won't know...

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on