Modular vs Native X11

I have always used the modular version for X11_TYPE.  However, I do have the occasional stability problems, particularly when I resize a pseudo-terminal.

I'm using Amd64 Current (9.99.17), but this has happened across a variety of builds and it always causes X11 to dump core.  The CPU is a Core2 Duo P8600 and G4X Intel graphics

Do people have views on which is more stable?  In an xconsole I get frequent warnings about "Potential atomic update failure on pipe A: -35."  This comes from intel_sprite.c:132.  There is an "ifdef __NetBSD__" line and I don't know if it's equally relevant to both native and modular builds.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Art