Re: golang for NetBSD-9.0_BETA-aarch64

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:29:48 -0500
Ronald Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I am trying to build golang from pkgsrc; however, it does not build for aarch64.
>
> $ make install clean
> => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20190127
> ERROR: This package is only available for these platforms: *-*-i386
> *-*-x86_64 *-*-earmv[67]hf.
> ERROR: This package has set PKG_SKIP_REASON:
> ERROR: go112-1.12.10 is not available for NetBSD-9.0_BETA-aarch64
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/go112
>
> I get this no matter what version of go I try to build. Should I email
> the package maintainers or is this the correct forum?

Hi,

go for NetBSD aarch64 is not quite there yet. But with the recent
COMPAT_NETBSD32 fixes it should be possible to build go binary packages
in a 32-bit earmv7hf chroot. Since go binaries are statically linked
you can then force-install the resulting package on your 64-bit host.

Kind regards,
-Tobias