Re: fbreader removal

On 29.10.2019 14:52, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

>> For the reference. I have tracked the user mentioned by Maya:
>>
>> 14:25 < user> [me]: hi
>> 14:27 < me> user: please repeat after me if you agree:
>> 14:27 < me> I am fine with fbreader switch to qt5.
>> 14:28 < user> I am fine with fbreader switch to qt5, too, of course:))
>> 14:28 < user> thank you, great job!
>
> Great, thanks for checking.   I expect most people are ok with this, and
> probably all.   I would just like us to be sensitive to the sense of
> what people use/need and the sense of the group.

This is technically equivalent to requests to some older release of
certain package. There are sometimes legitimate reasons to do so
(especially on production machines). In these scenarios the proper
approach is not to block development, but keeping privately older
snapshot of packages (in our case pkgsrc framework).