Re: pkgsrc GCC and libgcc_s

On Sat 19 Oct 2019 at 09:17:21 -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
> The pkgsrc GCC packages were recently modified to remove libgcc_s.* by
> default, to avoid confusion in cases where multiple GCC versions are in play
> (a situation that should be avoided, but nevertheless occurs).
>
> On EL systems, this results in "cannot find -lgcc_s" link errors for
> packages using pkgsrc GCC.

This sounds like it makes it related to my earlier mails on this list
with the subject "Building www/webkit-gtk: undefined reference to
`__divmodti4'".  In my case, libgcc_s was apparently needed for a
compiler-called __divmodti4 funtion. It's also present in the static
version, libgcc.a (for gcc 7, but not for gcc 5).

Possibly a solution would be to modify gcc such that it never tries to
use libgcc_s.so (and all problems it can cause), but always the static
version libgcc.a.

>     JB
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on