Re: converters/libiconv-1.16

Am 11.10.2019 um 05:42 schrieb Frédéric Fauberteau:
> Anyway, the package is now updated and works fine on NetBSD. Before
> committing, I would like appease pkglint, but I do not know how to
> resolve the first error (without breaking somethings):
> ERROR: buildlink3.mk:3: Package name mismatch between "iconv" in this
> file and "libiconv" from Makefile:3.

My idea for migrating this to the correct name is:

1. Fix the package name in buildlink3.mk, as suggested.
2. Replace ".iconv" with ".libiconv" in all packages that depend on it.

3. For compatibility with anyone's local pkgsrc additions, add these
lines in buildlink3.mk:

# This paragraph can be removed in October 2021.
.for varname in \
  BUILDLINK_AUTO_VARS.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_CONTENTS_FILTER.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_CPPFLAGS.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_FILES_CMD.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_LIBDIRS.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_PKGNAME.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_PREFIX.iconv \
  BUILDLINK_RPATHDIRS.iconv \
  IGNORE_PKG.iconv \
  USE_BUILTIN.iconv
.if defined(${varname})
PKG_FAIL_REASON+= "[converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk] Define
${varname}.libiconv instead of ${varname}.iconv"
.endif

I got the list of variable names from this command:

(cd sysutils/mc && bmake show-all-bl3 | awk '/iconv/ { print $2 }')

The next pkgsrc freeze is still far away, therefore changes are high
that we find any remaining bugs until then.