Re: mailgraph package

Am 01.10.2019 um 22:22 schrieb Frédéric Fauberteau:
>>> AUTO_MKDIRS=        yes
>>> INSTALLATION_DIRS+=    libexec/cgi-bin
>>> INSTALLATION_DIRS+=    sbin
>>> INSTALLATION_DIRS+=    share/doc/mailgraph
>>> INSTALLATION_DIRS+=    share/mailgraph
>>
>> The first 3 INSTALLATION_DIRS lines are redundant since these
>> directories are mentioned in the PLIST and AUTO_MKDIRS is defined.
>> There's no pkglint check for this yet, I'll add one.
>
> Should we prefer AUTO_MKDIRS instead INSTALLATION_DIRS?

AUTO_MKDIRS for all directories that appear in the PLIST, and
INSTALLATION_DIRS for all the others.

>> The last INSTALLATION_DIRS line is probably unnecessary. The package
>> doesn't install anything there, and empty directories are not packaged.
>
> mailgraph.css is installed in share/mailgraph:
>
>   ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/mailgraph.css \
>       ${DESTDIR}${PREFIX}/share/mailgraph/mailgraph.css

Ah, ok, I didn't notice this one since you didn't send the diff of the
PLIST, and in the previous version, share/mailgraph didn't exist.

I just added the INSTALLATION_DIRS and the MASTER_SITES checks to
pkglint and updated it, since your package is not the only one that can
be improved. :)

Roland