games/enigma broken

Haven't run 'enigma' in a while, but most just now when I did again, it
has run-time problems, reporting:

  libpng error: IDAT: invalid distance too far back
  Error loading '/usr/pkg/share/enigma/models-48.lua'
  Error: '/usr/pkg/share/enigma/models.lua:112: Could not define fl-ice-heating1: error loading fl-ice-heating'

Looking through the PNG files in the "/usr/pkg/share/enigma/gfx*"
directories with 'xv', several of them appear to be corrupt and
the same error message is displayed.

The file "/usr/pkg/share/enigma/models-48.lua" exists and is world
readable, so not sure why it says it can't load it.

I don't know lua so I really can't say what the third issue is saying.
The graphic files "fl-ice-heating.png" exist.  All versions in the
"gfx32", "gfx40", and "gfx48" subdirectories are corrupt.

It appears, for the most part, the same graphic files in each size are
corrupt.

The effect is that the game runs, but unloadable image elements are
replaced with the "DUMMY" element, making the level unplayable.

Extracting the distfile "enigma-1.01-r1914.tar.gz" and looking in
"enigma-1.01/data/gfx", the problem files are corrupt in the distfile
already.  Curiously, the same files all have the execute mode bit set
(mode 755).  All other files that are mode 644 display properly, with
no error indication.

That observation doesn't hold for the "gfx32", "gfx40", "gfx48"
subdirectories.  There are still corrupt files, but only one or
two have their execute bit set.

Perhaps there is a newer distfile which doesn't have corrupt graphic
elements?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD