Re: rustc version 1.37 does not build

> it cannot build rust 1.37 in armv7 netbsd-9

Yes, this is going to be a little more complicated.

Rust only provides backward compatibility for one version, so you
need a bootstrap kit from 1.36 to build 1.37.  Unfortunately,
I've been unable to cross-build rust version 1.36 and 1.37, and
don't have a native armv7 environment set up.  Cross-compiles not
working is apparently a known problem, ref.

  https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/62558

So ... first you need to "cvs update -D <date>" to a variant of
1.36, and try to build a bootstrap kit for that using the 1.35
bootstrap kit (change BUILD_TARGET to "dist" in Makefile), this
will produce the bootstrap kits in
work/rustc<version>/build/dist/.

Then you need to install the bootstrap kits (rust and rust-std
.gz files) somewhere you can refer to them from Makefile, and do
"make makesum".  Note, this will download all the "other"
bootstrap kits, and will require both disk space and some time.

Then you can update Makefile to build 1.37, and re-try using the
newly produced 1.36 bootstrap kits.

Alternatively, I may make a stab at spinning up an armv7 qemu,
and do this procedure with that.  No promises, though...

Best regards,

- Håvard