Re: PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT=destdir problem?

On 2019-09-03 14:29, Greg Troxel wrote:
Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> writes:
[INN] installs a swath of files with custom ownership and
permissions. After dumping all that into work/.destdir, it drops root
privilege, and then surprisingly is not able to package some of the
files.

Is this something the package needs to fix, or has the destdir support
bit-rotted?

I wonder if you can get it to use nbinstall writing METALOG, so that it
can produce the package without root.

Sounds lovely. Do you have an example package that I could look at?

Lots of packages end up with root-owned files, I think.

Yes, I wondered...

Are some of the files user=root mode=0600, so that the non-root user
can't read them?

news.news 0640, which amounts to the same.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344