Re: Error trying to compile databases/mysql57-client

Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> Am 18.08.2019 um 21:19 schrieb Christopher Pinon:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm on NetBSD-8.1 amd64, using an updated pkgsrc stable.
> >
> > I was trying to compile mysql57-client (more precisely, v5.7.27) as a
> > dependency of mysql57-server and the compilation stops early when the
> > file "my_global.h" isn't found:
> >

> > ===> Building for mysql-client-5.7.27
> > [  1%] Building C object strings/CMakeFiles/strings.dir/bchange.c.o
> > /mnt/usr/work/databases/mysql57-client/work/mysql-5.7.27/strings/bchange.c:27:23: fatal error: my_global.h: No such file or directory
>
> First things first: does
> /mnt/usr/work/databases/mysql57-client/work/mysql-5.7.27/include/my_global.h
> exist? I suppose it does.

Thanks for your reply.

I was just about to write again because I suddenly realized where I had
committed an error. You see, this is a new installation, and I was
copying settings from another installation. One of the settings is that
WRKOBJDIR is set to /usr/work , which works fine on the other
installation, but on the new installation I want the work directory to
be on another partition, under /mnt , more precisely, /mnt/usr/work
. What I initially did -- this was my error -- was to keep WRKOBJDIR as
/usr/work in mk.conf but to make /usr/work a symbolic link to the real
directory /mnt/usr/work . Now, this wasn't really a sensible strategy in
the first place, but it nevertheless seemed to work until I tried to
compile mysql57-client, when the file my_global.h suddenly couldn't be
found. Once I deleted the symbolic link and set WRKOBJDIR directly to
/mnt/usr/work in mk.conf, the file my_global.h could be found and the
compilation succeeded. :-)

Sorry for the false alarm -- I should have set WRKOBJDIR directly to
/mnt/usr/work to begin with!

I guess that the lesson is that WRKOBJDIR should *not* be set to a
symbolic link. (Is this the lesson?)

C.